4x4 Vehicle - Camper Rentals - Car Roof Tent - FAQs
What do I need to rent a vehicle from Icerental 4x4?
The registered driver and extra driver need to be 20 years of age and have held a full drivers licence for at least 12 months. You also need passport and a valid credit card.
Do I need insurance?
All our rentals include Collision Damage Waiver, drivers liability in excess of 350.000 ISK for all vehicles. We offer a wide range of insurances for those who want to be on the safe side.
- Super Collision Damage Waiver ( SCDW) and by doing so lower the self risk to 100.000 ISK.
- Gravel Protection ( GP ) that covers damages to front wind screen, headlights and front of the car when rocks get thrown at the vehicle by another car with no selfrisk
- Sand and Ash Protection ( SAAP) that covers damages caused by Ash / Sandstorm to the paint of the car, lights and plastic. self risk for SAAP is 100.000 ISK.
- Theft Protection ( TP) Covers theft of the rented vehicle and lower the self risk in case of theft from 2.450 euro to 100.000 ISK.
- The Premium Insurance Package includes SCDW, SAAP, GP & TP. It has the same exclusions as the other insurances. (Please see terms & conditions)
- Platinum Insurance Package includes SCDW, SAAP, GP & TP with 0 deductible. (Please see terms & conditions)
All rentals are subject to the full rental agreement terms and conditions at the time of rental. A deposit of the Collision Damage Waiver insurance liability will be taken at the start of all rentals, for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental. The deposit amount will be released after inspection by Icerental 4x4 at the end of the rental. This deposit may be used to pay all extra charges as additional insurance, parking fines, damages or any cost due to the rented vehicle as a result of the renter use of the vehicle.
Please Note that renter(s) who purchase Super Collision Damage Waiver, Premium Insurance Package and Platinum Insurance Package do not have to leave any deposit.
Do you deliver and pick up the vehicle?
Yes for free, we provide these services, we deliver your vehicle 24/7 in Keflavik area. We can also meet you at any hotel/address in Reykjavík area. We are open 24/7 at the Keflavik International Airport.
Do you pick up at the airports?
Yes,we will meet you in the arrival hall with a sign with our logo on it and take you to our Keflavik office.
Do you have office at Keflavik airport?
Our office at Keflavik Airport is located 7 minutes from Keflavik International Airport. It is open 24/7 for pick up and drop off. One of our employees will meet our clients in the arrival hall with a sign with our logo on it. If you don't find our employee at the airport, please call +354 571-2266 and press 1. The renter and additional passengers (if there is enough space in our 9 seater shuttle) will be taken to our office where the rental agreement is signed and vehicle is delivered.
For return the vehicle needs to be returned at our Keflavik office and our employees will drive you and your group to the airport.
Where is the Keflavik office?
Tel : +354 571-2266
Email : Info@icerental4x4.is
What if the vehicle need service?
Contact our road assistance +354 571-2266 and press 3 at any time. We have agreements with service workshops all around the country
Method of payment and booking
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
Do I need to pay the rental fee at booking?
You do not have to pay all the rental fee, we require 15% deposit that is fully refundable up til 48 hrs before start of rental. We always send you seperate notification when the deposit has been withdrawn from your card. If you have any special request regarding payment please contact us from our contact form or directly at: info@icerental4x4. If If there is no show there will be no refund.
Can I use another persons credit card for renting a vehicle?
Yes, but the card holder must present themselves with proper i.d. to sign the rental contract.
Type of vehicles
What type of cars do you have?
We mainly offer Four Wheel Drive vehicles that are allowed on our highland roads or F-roads. Restrictions may apply but information about restrictions and road conditions can be found here. Further information can be obtained during vehicle pickup.
Do you offer accessories with your rentals?
We have a wide range of extras available for rent.
- Infant Seat, Booster Seat and Child Safety Seat
- Garmin GPS navigation System
- 4G Wifi hotspot (10 units can connect at one time) with unlimited data.
- Sleeping Bag
- Table and Chairs for 2 person
- Kitchen Box ( It is made for 2 person and includes gas stove, gas, plates, glasses, bowls, knives, forks & spoons. Dish washing sponge & dishcloth, hot warmer thermos and a chopping board
- Fuel Can
Is there an additional charge for more than one driver?
Yes, additional charges apply when rental vehicle is to be driven by more than one person.
What roads are our vehicle allowed on?
Our 4x4 vehicles are allowed on all roads except F-249. 2WD vehicles are forbidden on all F-roads as well as Kaldidalur (550) and Kjölur (35).
Is there an additional charge for fuel?
Fuel must be brought back the same way it was given to you otherwise additional charge may apply.